datestampMay 25, 2010

Catching up......

This is the time of year that I really don't have much time for creativity........
I am putting in some serious hours at the baseball/soccer fields.  Of course, when
you spend a lot of time at practices and games, you also spend a lot of time 
hanging out with Mr. Clorox and Mrs. Tide.  So, between laundry, sports,
and school getting out......my sewing "corner" is a dusty neglected place.  

I knew that if I didn't post something soon, it would get easier and easier to keep putting it off.  
So, in lieu of any recent projects, I am catching up on a few that I meant to
blog about and never got around to it.  

Some friends of ours hosted a fun evening at their home last fall and
gave "serious" food assignments to all who were invited.  Serious, as in....
it better be good, or don't bother:)  I was assigned to help with dessert and
really, is there such a thing as just dessert anymore?  I mean, these days
desserts are far more suited to their own table with coordinating decor
and multiple choices for all the guests.  

I didn't get any good pictures but I wanted to share a few that were taken by
our host and some from my phone.  We had a great time putting it all together and 
it really wasn't all that much work.  

We went with a brown, orange, and white theme.  I covered a piece of plywood with 
some orange/white Amy Butler polka dot fabric and then just used a piece of
brown cotton for the main table cover and then folded up an orange matelasse fabric
for some contrast in the middle.  

The treats were all quite simple, the colors and white dishes just tied everything together.
If you haven't tried making cake pops yet, I recommend doing them this
way on the first go around.  It was much easier and left a lot of room
for error.



Again, I apologize for the poor picture quality.  I completely forgot
to bring my camera!


I am not sure if this counts as a true crafty project but it was a lot
of fun and a change from the norm for me.
{The white cake stands are Martha Stewart from Macy's and the
other pieces are from Southern Living at Home.}



1 comment:

Ruth H. said...

It's always fun to see your stuff! Thanks for sharing.