datestampFeb 28, 2009

Aprons for Auction

PhotobucketI went out on a limb and made a couple of aprons for a fundraiser we are having for our baseball team.  I don't know why I have such a fear of "selling" my handmade items.  I even have an etsy shop that remains empty to this day.  I guess it comes from not having any formal training other than lessons from my mom or online tutorials/library books.  Maybe I just worry that they will fall apart or not last through the first washing.  Silly.  But, its something I need to get over if I want to keep creating.  I think my first ambition would be to just sell enough things to pay for my fabric addiction......especially because my friends and family are going to get sick of the same gifts for every holiday! 
I made a matching mother/daughter apron and included two rolling pins and Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook, "Deceptively Delicious".  It's funny because I wasn't too excited about this fabric while it has been on my shelf but I love how they turned out.  Now I am going to cross my fingers that someone actually bids on this at our auction!

2 comments:

Brett and Amy said...

I LOVE how that apron turned out. I love the crispness of the white with the other cute fabrics. And, how cute does it look with your new wall color? Also, I know you have made every attempt to include me in your blogging advancement, I just haven't taken advantage of your knowledge. I love your LARGE framed pic. I'm just lucky to post right now, but one day I may be ready to step it up a notch. Yours looks fabulous.

Ashley said...

Sharese you have a gift serious that apron is so cute! I'm not sure if I have the creative talent like you!