datestampSep 13, 2010

::little white dress::

I am guessing everyone out there has already discovered the delightful emersonmade website.  I could (and have), spent a whole lot of time looking at each and every beautiful photo.  I love her style and simple, clean look.  I truly wish I could afford to buy a flower in every color and style but alas, I had to figure out a way to do it myself.  I cut out a bunch of templates and then bought a rainbow's worth of fabric to test things out.  Along the way, a friend asked me to help with her daughter's baptism dress......I am pretty sure I steered the design selfishly so that I could try these out!  We went with a simple silk-shantung dress with a little cluster of fabric flowers at the shoulder.

This was such a fun project for me to do.  And, for a beautiful little girl on a special day.  
Now, to build up the courage to wear one myself!

4 comments:

Sina said...

Absolutely beautiful!! You are so talented - your projects always inspire me.

La said...

I will totally wear one! I love those flowers. Way cute.

Brett and Amy said...

I love the flowers! When should I put my order in for Addie's baptism dress?

amylep said...

any chance you'd be willing to leave a tutorial for those gorgeous flowers? i'd love to make some for my girls!